How can I activate community license in an offline environment

Our company’s projects are all placed in the offline environment. Now I want to use the diffblue cover - Community Edition plugin in the offline environment, but the community edition will still prompt have not activated your license yet. I guess the community version still needs to be activated through the network, but now if want to connect to the Internet in this offline environment, must limit the specific network IP address. Can anyone tell me which IP address the community version is connected to when it is activated automatically, or there are other methods to activate the community version offline?

Hi Lightbordwin

Diffblue Cover is only available offline with the Enterprise Edition

We have a document that outlines what network access is required for using CE Licensing network requirements | Diffblue Docs

Please let me know if you have any further questions, we are always happy to help

Thanks

Matt @ Diffblue

Hi @Surya

Are you trying to activate Community Edition or a trial license?

Do you have internet access whilst trying to activate the license?

Kind Regards

Matt @ Diffblue

Hi Surya,

Thank you for getting back to me - I don’t quite understand what problem you are having though

Please could you explain what happens when you click “Diffblue > Activate License” as per the instructions? If you are connected to the internet this should let you activate community edition.

Please could you provide the Diffblue Cover IntelliJ plugin log file as per the instructions described at this documentation page Log file | Diffblue Docs

Thanks

Matt @ Diffblue

Hi Surya,

The Diffblue Cover IntelliJ Plugin is first downloaded from the IntelliJ marketplace

Once installed select “Diffblue > Activate License” and then click “Use Community Edition”

If this does not work please send the logfile as per the instructions on this documentation page: Log file | Diffblue Docs

Thanks

Matt @ Diffblue

Hi Surya,

Please do the following:

1. select “Diffblue” in the top menu
  2. click “Activate License”
  3. click “Use Community Edition”

Thanks

Matt @ Diffblue

Hi Surya,

On the very top menu bar of IntelliJ where the File, Edit, View, Navigate… options are; there is a menu called “Diffblue”

Thanks

Matt @ Diffblue

Hey Matt!!
It really works, thanks alot. i didn’t expect such a alien level product, I can’t express.
And i have few questions and suggestion it would be if i get some solution on this.

1. Defaultly its writing {Arrange, act, Assert}.test can we push it to write in BDD like{Given, when then} ?.
  2. In addition it writing too many test cases even for a single method can we make it a single one which has more coverage?
  3. MOST IMPORTANT Sorry to ask this but to clarify: Is this safety to use, there won’t be any data leakage write? im asking this because i am not doing individual project for me its an closed company project so.
    Hoping for the best and geniune response, once again thank you for helping out withour hesitating.
    Cheers!

Hi @Surya

Thank you for the feedback, and suggestions! We welcome any input as we are always improving Diffblue Cover.
Regarding point 3; the tool doesn’t collect any data directly from the code, only anonymous usage statistics.

Kind regards,

Jane @ Diffblue