Failed to activate community edition

My machine is behind a proxy and over vpn.
Diff blue cover community editon requires an active internet connection with access to website to authorize the use of plugin.

This was working prior to upgrade to 2021.10.01- community. 2021.2

Hi @Nikita_Jos,

Thanks for getting in touch - I am sorry that you are unable to currently use CE. We enabled enforced a remote license check in the latest release to reduce mis-use of our product; I apologise that this has unintentionally affected you. I will see if we can work around this.

Are you on a corporate network? And which country are you located in?

Kind Regards

Matthew
Diffblue

Thank you @Matt .Yes on a corporate network. In USA. East coast.

Thanks @Nikita_Jos for the quick reply,

Does all internet traffic have to use the proxy or can we ask your corporate IT to open routable ports for access to the licensing server?

Thanks

Matthew
Diffblue

@Matt , due to security reasons- All traffic is routed through Proxy. I can access the license server over the proxy while troubleshooting. Intellij- settings - http proxy - check connection to the server was successful

Thanks @Nikita_Jos,

I am very sorry but we don’t currently support using the IntelliJ proxy server setting for Community Edition - we are planning to support this in an upcoming release expected in November; I will keep you posted on progress.

Does the Diffblue plugin work correctly if you disconnect from corporate VPN and use it directly on the routed network?

Please let me know if you have any further questions - we are always happy to help

Thanks

Matthew
Diffblue

1 Like

Thank you @Matt for the update. We develop on a vpc. Thus no option without vpn. Looking forward to Nov.

@Matt any updates

Hi @Nikita_Jos

Thanks for getting in touch, the November release is due out mid next week - I will post here when it is out

Thank you again for your patience

Matt
Diffblue

1 Like