Not able to write tests with free DF plugin

Hi team,

I’m trying to write test cases for my project using the Intellij Plugin but getting the below error. I want to use the free community edition for personal purposes. This is an urgent requirement so please provide a solution for the same at the earliest.

IntelliJ IDEA 2022.2 (Community Edition)
Runtime version: 17.0.3+7-b469.32 amd64
Non-Bundled Plugins:
com.diffblue.intellij.cover.plugin (2022.08.03-2022.2)

Hello,

Have you attempted to activate the plugin as per the error message instructions?

To activate you must have an internet connection and network traffic must not be blocked by a firewall. If you are using a proxy server this must be configured in the IntelliJ settings.

Thanks

Matt @ Diffblue

Hi Matt,

Yes I tried with my system connected to the internet and with all permissions granted. Can you provide me the procedure to activate the Community Version Plugin (Free version)

Thanks.

Hello,

As per the instructions in the error message, click “Diffblue” in the top menu and then click “Activate License”.

In the dialogue box you can select activate Community Edition.

Kind Regards

Matt @ Diffblue

When I’m trying to follow the mentioned process, the above dialog box is popped up which doesn’t have an option to select the Community Edition and also it isn’t scrollable.

Thanks for responding!

Hello,

Thank you for the screenshot - IntelliJ is incorrectly rendering the dialogue box. To resolve this please adjust the IntelliJ custom font setting.

Please select:

File >
Settings >
Appearance & Behaviour >
Appearance >
Unselect “Use custom font:” >
And close settings

This will make the font smaller which will show the remainder of the fields in the ‘Diffblue’ > ‘Activate License’ dialogue box.

Kind Regards

Matt

1 Like

Thanks a lot. That helped!

Excellent! I am sorry you faced this issue and I am glad we could help

Please let us know if you have any further questions or comments, we are always happy to help

Thanks

Matt @ Diffblue

1 Like