Exceeded license limitations: You have exceeded the limit for your license

Unable to use blueDiff license , even with class and method level

1 Like

Hi Omit,

Thank you for reaching out
So I understand at the moment when you try to click to write methods using the IntelliJ plug-in, there is a message to say you have exceed your license limitations?
Have you managed to get tests from Cover previously?
It would be useful too to see the support log file too so we van have a look into why you are seeing this behaviour.

Kind regards,

Jane @ Diffblue

I have the same problem. I even tried to use and activate the Teams Edition trial license key. Both the Community Edition and Teams Edition activation was successful, however I still get the same error: Exceeded license limitations: You have exceeded the limit for your license

Thank you for letting us know @Marek_Soska

We are currently looking into this issue, I will keep you both updated on our progress.

Thank you for your patience,
Jane @ Diffblue

We have located and fixed the issue now - you should be able to use Cover to write tests for you. Please let us know if you are still facing issues.

Kind regards,
Jane @ Diffblue

Generating tests now woks fine, thank you for fast response.

Hi @Jane_Walls,.
I have been experiencing the same issues since yesterday, and it does not seem to be resolved for me.
Thanks!

Hi @cpierce

I’m sorry to hear you’re still facing an issue
The previous issue was being caused by a complication in LicenceSpring (the service we use to manage licenses), which was resolved - so I want to confirm this is the same issue that you are facing.
Can I ask is it still persisting? If so, can you please describe what you are doing to see the same behaviour?

Kind regards,
Jane @ Diffblue

Hi, @Jane_Walls ,

I am facing the same issue as above. I successfully activated Cover Community Edition but when I tried to write my first test, I got the ‘exceeded limit’ error. It says I have used 200/200 tests for the day but I have not run any today yet. Will paste below the version that I have downloaded.

Hi tallulahj,
We have checked your license and it seems that your reached the maximum at 08:17. The number of available free tests is not transferable to the next day and please be aware that the reset happens at midnight with reference to the Coordinated Universal Time.
Please check if you can use it again and let us know otherwise. Kind regards.
Cristian

Hi @cbontoiu,
I am also facing the same issue. I activated the license for the first time. When I clicked on generate test cases it says limit exceeded. I even waited for 24 hrs but still the error is same. Please help me.

Hi Nikhil,
Thank you for contacting Diffblue Support. Please would be able to upload the latest log file from Diffblue, or at least let us know if there is a licensing code there with a message? If you run Diffblue Cover from IntelliJ the location of the log file should be displayed at the console.
Kind Regards,
Cristian

Hi Team,

Even recently I am facing the same Exceeded licence limitations issue. I waited for more then 48hours so as to have a reset on Diffblue end, but the issue still persists.
Here is my licence key . Please let me know if theres anything i am missing out H2Z6-UHAS-5C6J-Z2CO

Hi @Rudrajit_Gupta

There is a new license limit that has been placed on Community Edition users, which you are now hitting. You are now allowed to create 100 tests per week for your personal use. We have a blog post I would recommend checking out explaining the change: Changes to Diffblue Cover Community Edition | Diffblue
This change is new; so the logging still reflects the previous limits. There is an update coming next week to correct logging; giving more clarity to what’s run out, and when it will renew.

For your information; the license limit renews each week, so you should now be able to write tests again for this week.

Please let me know if you have any further questions - we are happy to help.

Kind regards,
Jane @ Diffblue

Hi Team,
From past week not able to generate tests, getting error as week limit has been reached. It’s been more than a week now but still not able to use it. Was hopping limit will get reset but issue is still there.

Could you please assist on this.

Thanks

Hi @srinath.nm

The limit resets each Monday at 00:00 UTC - depending on which timezone you’re in that might be a different time of day. As this boundry has past - are you now able to write tests without getting the limit message?

If you are still unable to write tests - please paste here or email your license key to support@diffblue.com so we can look in the back-end for you. You can find your license key in your IntelliJ by clicking the “Diffblue” option on the top bar > then “View license Information”

Thank you,
Jane @ Diffblue

HI

I checked yesterday for the license information for free edition and it said , i will be able to write my tests again on March 7, 2024 but now it says March 8, 2024. When does the limit resets?

License Key - H2G6-KQ7N-EZNJ-ZKCO

Thanks

Hi @coder_4_life

Thank you for using Cover and for reaching out
The community edition allows for 100 tests per calendar week, and I can see on your license you have consumed your whole allowance for the week on the 5th of March. Your allowance will reset and you will be able to write more tests from 11th March @ 00:00 UTC.

The reason you see the wrong day is likely an issue in how we are logging the consumption limit - to help us dig deeper into this issue, are you able to tell me which version of Diffblue Cover Plugin you are using?
-This information can be found by clicking “Diffblue” on the top bar, then click “Settings”. In the Diffblue settings page at the top click the “About” tab, and the version is on the first line. It should look something like:
“Diffblue Cover IntelliJ Plugin 2024.02.02-2023.3”

I apologies for the confusion caused - let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Jane @ Diffblue

Hi Jane

Version is - 2022.11.02-2022.1

Thanks

Thank you for confirming - the version you are using is an older version of Cover from November 2022. At that time the consumption allowance reset daily, hence the logging which always tells you the refresh is the next day.
I would recommend that you update to the newest version of Diffblue Cover (currently 2024.02.02) which will reflect the correct logging of when your consumption allowance will refresh. To do this you will also need to update your IntelliJ version, as Cover supports the latest two versions, at the moment this is; 2023.2, 2023.3 (see Specs & Reqs for full details).
The other benefit of updating is there have been a lot of improvements to the product since then, so you may see better results too.

Kind regards,
Jane @ Diffblue