Created 0 tests in total for 0 methods from 0 source classes with no reasons why

Hello!
In our team, we decided to try DiffBlue as an instrument for automating routine and increase code quality.
I tried DiffBlue on several services of our project with the same result - Created 0 tests in total for 0 methods from 0 source classes
Then I’ve updated my Intelliji to the latest version with the DiffBlue plugin (started from 2020.2.2 and up to 2020.3.2 with the same result for every version)
Also, I tried different settings of the plugin, set the SDK version to 1.8 in all places.
Finally, I asked my colleague to launch diff blue on his machine on the same project and the same files- tests were successfully generated.

Windows 7, Diffblue Cover IntelliJ Plugin 2021.01.01-commercial.2020.3

Logs:
18:16:33.433 [INFO][pool-9-thread-4][c.d.c.api.b.b] Creating tests:
18:16:33.433 [INFO][pool-9-thread-4][c.d.c.api.b.b] ---------------
18:16:33.433 [INFO][pool-9-thread-4][c.d.i.p.ui.a] Commencing test creation - Analyzing 2 methods in total
18:16:33.433 [INFO][pool-9-thread-4][c.d.i.p.ui.a] Logfile location - C:\Users\47CB~1\AppData\Local\Temp\diffblue\log\cover-plugin.log
18:16:33.434 [INFO][pool-9-thread-4][c.d.i.p.ui.a] Active Spring Profiles - The following spring profiles will be active during test creation: “test”
18:17:01.419 [INFO][service:TimedExecutor-0][c.d.s.i.ComponentLoader] Executing the Spring Boot application to determine configuration.
18:17:01.428 [INFO][service:TimedExecutor-0][c.d.s.i.ComponentLoader] This may take a few moments…
18:19:57.715 [INFO][service:TimedExecutor-0][c.d.s.i.ComponentLoader] Spring configuration loaded successfully.
18:19:58.768 [INFO][ApplicationImpl pooled thread 56][c.d.i.p.ui.a] Test creation complete - Created 0 tests in total for 0 methods from 0 source classes

18:16:35.309 [INFO][main][c.d.c.s.a.a.b] Starting new remote monitor client
18:17:01.397 [INFO][TimedExecutor-0][c.d.s.i.ComponentLoader] Executing the Spring Boot application to determine configuration.
18:17:01.419 [INFO][TimedExecutor-0][c.d.s.i.ComponentLoader] This may take a few moments…
18:19:57.710 [INFO][TimedExecutor-0][c.d.s.i.ComponentLoader] Spring configuration loaded successfully.

So- I didn’t find any errors in the logs, but something goes wrong on my machine.
And of course, I did a clean install, the project runs successfully, other tests in the project also run without any issues.

Thanks for your attention, best regards!

Hi Vladislav,

Many thanks for asking us about this! Looking at the logs you’ve posted, it looks like you’ve hit a bug we had around slow-starting processes (the loading of the Spring context taking nearly 3 minutes) - we were previously being too aggressive with some timeouts. The good news is we have recently fixed this bug and the fix will be included in the upcoming 2021.02.01 release, which we are aiming to release in the next week. Could you please upgrade when that is available, and then try again?

Many thanks,
Chris.

Hi Chris!
Of course, I’ll try the new update and let you know about the results.
Best regards,
Vladislav

Hi Chris!
The latest update solved the problem.
Thanks!

Hi Vladislav,

Many thanks for getting back to us and confirming the update worked for you - that’s great to hear, and very much appreciated :slight_smile:

Chris.