Biffblue not working with java 17 or later

I am working on a spring boot v3 project, using maven and java 17 SDK. i installed the Diffblue cover. it gave me 2 errors I should degrade the (JUnit.engin) and the java SDK 17 version is not compatible. any fix?

1 Like

Hi @arif
Thanks for using Diffblue Cover and getting in touch.
Spring Boot v3 support will be added to the product in the future.
The supported versions of various components (including Spring Boot v2) are listed here:

Keep an eye out for v3 support and let us know if we can help with anything else in the meantime.
Note also that the tool can be used with Java 17 projects, although not all features specific to that release, e.g. Records (which we are working on), are currently covered.
Thanks
Peter Sear @ Diffblue

I appreciate your feedback. I am a junior programmer and looking forward to diffblue patches and upgradation. it did not work for me, However, it seems a great nice tool.

1 Like

Hi @petersear
Do we have any update from diffblue to support spring boot 3.X.X ?. We are using community edition to generate java (JDK 17.X) unit test cases.

Hi @RV9
Thanks for your interest in Diffblue Cover.
We are currently working on adding support for Spring Boot 3.x (along with Spring 6.x) to Diffblue Cover, aiming for Q3 2023. If you’d like to check on new features as they are released, please see the What’s New section in the Diffblue documentation, which is updated every two weeks as new product versions become available.
Best regards
Peter Sear @ Diffblue

1 Like