R027 Missing beans when creating Spring Context Should be Far More Robust

R027 “Missing beans when creating Spring context” should include more logging information. As it is, it doesn’t let you know what bean is missing and where, only that there is one. It should print out the missing bean or some semblance of a stack trace for determining which bean is not properly annotated or listed in the Spring-Bean XML.

Hi @Michael_Rountree

Thank you for posting - in recent versions this information should be present, as you note it is very useful for moving past this.
Can you please tell me what version of Diffblue Cover you are using?
You can find this by going into the IntelliJ Settings > Plugins > Diffblue - you should see a version, below is a picture with the red box highlighting the version.

Kind regards,
Jane @ Diffblue

Hi @Jane_Walls i am getting the same issue
user-20231204T161640.log (25.0 KB)
suggest something

I am using latest diffblue version mentioned in thread image

Hi @Namrata_Devhare

From the log file you have sent; you are getting the same output code (R027) but it doesn’t seem it’s the same issue.
Michael’s issue related to not seeing enough logging to understand where Cover couldn’t create Spring context, and what beans were missing.
From your log file we do see a partial test which should show us where Cover struggled to find the Spring context.
I can see you have created a different thread here with the same log file attached - we can have a look there, and get back to you on that thread.

Kind regards,
Jane @ Diffblue

1 Like